In this FREE 2 hour LIVE workshop, you will discover:
• How to identify and overcome common roadblocks stopping you from composing, or even attempting it!
• Qualities of a good melody
• The surprisingly simple compositional structure behind even the most complicated looking and sounding pieces, such as Julia Florida by Augustin Barrios
• Your identity as a guitarist
• How to identify and separate accompaniment from melody in polyphonic music
• How to create a canvas for your composition which will give you direction and a clear path to completion
MEET YOUR TEACHER
Hi, I'm Dan
I love the classical guitar and am drawn to its unique array of colors and sounds. When I was young, my dad played at home a lot and started teaching me what he was playing - the first piece I learned was Spanish Romance and I loved it!
And now? I got my undergrad degrees in Melbourne and Doctor of Music in the USA. I've spent years researching old guitar methods to figure out the secrets of how composers like Sor, Giuliani, Tarrega, Barrios, etc. thought about music and practiced their instrument.
In the process, this has unlocked many undiscovered techniques and models that give guitarists a platform and clear path to composition. I hope these old traditions will empower you to compose and help bring new life to your guitar playing!
I'm looking forward to meeting and working with you!